This tasty oatmeal is so easy to make and so satisfying to eat! Mix all of the ingredients before bed and you’ll have a delicious breakfast ready and waiting when you wake up.
NGREDIENTSMakes 3.2 Tablespoons canola oil (for veggies)1 red pepper, diced1 green pepper, diced1 yellow pepper, diced1 onion, diced 1 teaspoon kosher salt1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper4 ounces cream cheese½ cup shredded cheddar cheese½ cup diced pepper jack cheese3 boneless skinless chicken breasts2 teaspoons salt2 teaspoons chili powder2 teaspoons cumin 2 teaspoons garlic powder3 Tablespoons canola oil (for chicken)Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for servingThe ingredient list has been updated to clarify the use of the canola oil.PREPARATIONHeat the canola oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized. Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl.In the same bowl, mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, and pepper jack, stirring until evenly incorporated. Set aside.In a separate bowl, combine the chicken with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, evenly distributing the spices over the chicken.On a cutting board, slice a pocket in the chicken horizontally and fill the pocket with a heaping spoonful of the veggie mixture. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal in the filling. Repeat with the remaining chicken.Heat the canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the stuffed chicken for five minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!
Here’s what you will need:
– Your favorite sugar cookie recipe (we recommend making from scratch, as the store bought cookies tend to be greasy)
– Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight Ice cream
– Fresh fruit
Lay 12 heaping tablespoons of sugar cookie dough on a non-stick baking sheet. Press flat. Bake according to cookie instructions. While they bake, wrap three empty paper towel rolls with foil. Remove the cookies from the oven, and immediately drape them over the paper towel rolls.
If they don’t immediately start shaping around the paper towel rolls, carefully press down on the sides of the cookies to help them form. Let them cool completely. Fill with Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight Ice cream, and top with your favorite chopped fresh fruit! Enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Tacos #TastyJunior Recipe Inspired By Edy’s
First start by mixing your milk, egg,vanilla, and butter together.
🍴 add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar.
🍴 slowly include your flour and mix until everything is a smooth combination.
🍴 pour your mixture into a giant gallon baggy or if you have a icing bag or funnel. Set aside for a few minutes.
🍴 Pour about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Let it heat up for about 2 minutes of high then turn down to a low medium. To test if the oil is hot enough drip a small dot of the batter into the oil. If it frys up, then its ready.
Source: Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe
Banana Split Icebox Cake
Indescribably smooth and delicious. This is like no other Banana Split Icebox Cake you have had before!
Prep Time:45 minutes plus overnight for setting
Cook time:15 minutes
Ingredients for Crust:
• 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 1 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
Ingredients for Filling:
• 1 (8oz) package Cream Cheese
• 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 2 small boxes instant Banana Pudding Mix
• 3 cups cold Milk
• 1 tsp Banana Extract
• 3 cups cold Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/4 cup Confectionery Sugar
• 1 (20oz) can Crushed Pineapple, well drained
• 2- 3 Bananas, peeled, sliced and diced
• 1 small jar Maraschino Cherries, well drained
• 2 TBSP Pecans, chopped
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a mixing bowl combine Graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar
• Add melted butter, mix until combined.
• Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 11 pan.
• Press to flatten well.
• Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until brown.
• Cool completely on a wire rack (you can speed it along in the refrigerator).
• Line cooled Graham cracker crust with sliced and diced bananas, set aside.
• Beat heavy whipping cream and confectionery sugar together on high speed (you can add a dash of banana extract if you like) until peaks form.
• Set aside whipped cream.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
• Add in sweetened condensed milk, banana pudding mixes, cold milk and banana extract, beat until smooth.
• Fold in by hand 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream to the banana pudding mixture, reserving the rest of the whipped cream for the top layer.
• Spread filling mixture over bananas in Graham cracker crust.
• Top with well drained pineapple.
• Top the filling/pineapple with remaining prepared whipped cream, spreading to cover entire mixture in the pan.
• Top with maraschino cherries and diced pecans.
• Note: you can add drizzled chocolate syrup if you like.
• Refrigerate overnight to allow to fully set.
Makes 1 Banana Split Ice Box Cake, servings for 12
16 ounceContainer of Biscuit Dough
8-12 ounceCream Cheese
Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup White Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
Preparation instructions:Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Cut biscuits in half and cube the cream cheese (32 pieces). Flatten each biscuit and place one cube of cream cheese and a few chocolate chips in the centre of each. Fold the biscuit dough around the cream cheese and chocolate, and form into a ball. In a 1 gallon plastic bag combine 1 cup of white sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Add 6-8 dough balls to the bag, seal the bag, and shake until well coated. Repeat for the remainder of the stuffed dough pieces. In a microwave safe bowl add 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave on high for 70 seconds – stopping halfway to stir.Remove from microwave and stir until it reaches a caramel consistency. To a greased Bundt pan sprinkle half of the walnuts, half the dough pieces, and drizzle half the caramel glaze. Repeat with remaining walnuts, dough, and glaze. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and turn upside down onto a plate to cool for 10 minutes before lifting off the pan.