Life is good. I could not be happier. August was definitely my month. In a matter of a two-week span, I had three different job offers and a proposal. I accepted a new job and said a big ol’ yes to that proposal. God has most definitely blessed me.
It is amazing to see God work. To feel His presence and experience His blessing. I have been through a lot over the past couple of years but now I am experiencing the other side of that trial. I am living out the abundance of His grace and the joy of living under His faithfulness.
A couple of weeks ago I received an email from someone I had not heard from in a very long time. The email was rigid and cold, sad really. I did not see it coming. I was not prepared for the battle it would cause but as I realized the timing of it all, I became aware of what was happening. It came right after my job offers and my proposal. A time when I was on top of the mountain singing and praising God for His faithfulness. It was a time when my faith was strong but then suddenly BAM, the enemy tried to knock me down. He was trying hard to discourage me. He was trying to keep me from experiencing the joy that had overtaken my life. His feeble attempts were almost successful until I spent some one on one time with the One who holds my life in His hands. What the enemy used to try to discourage in turn caused my faith to grow even more.
It takes a lot to reach a place of assurance in God’s love. I could go on and on about how much I love Him but truth be told, it could never come close to the love He has for me. I am saddened for those who lack the knowledge of His grace and who fail to understand the love He has for us. I am saddened for those who have unresolved issues in their life and instead of dealing with it head on, project the guilt of their own issues, whatever they may be, on to others in order to hide. It is a life lived in chains. I know because I was once there. It is a sad and lonely existence but it just does not have to be that way.
Life is good. I am blessed. I have an awesome God, amazing kids, a fiancé who loves me with a love I have never known, a church family like I’ve never experienced, a home that in my eyes is my perfect home and a job I adore. I could not be any happier and I want that for everyone. Life is not perfect by any means but because the Creator of this universe has lavished His love upon me, I am beyond content.
This is beautiful, had to share. Very inspiration.
She doesn’t follow the crowd and she doesn’t fit the mold because being like the world is not really her goal. Her trust is in the Lord and she longs for much more than anything this world could ever have in store.
vesellers7’s prayer on #instapray: http://ins.pr/pVdKi1Van0o9yAAF+
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms – Lovefoodies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 20 minutes
8 oz or 225 g whole white mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of Cream Cheese. (you can also use low fat variety)
1 teaspoon of fresh or dry herbs, such as tarragon, basil, parsley
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
1. Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil and add the mushrooms and garlic on medium heat. Stir and toss until soft and a little liquid is released from the mushrooms. If the mushrooms do not release any liquid, add a couple of tablespoons of milk or broth. (Sometimes, depending on the season, mushrooms can vary in juiciness!)
2. Then add the cream cheese and combine. Add the herbs and taste, season to your taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: To avoid the cream cheese from splitting, you should make sure the heat is not too hot, if you are not sure, remove the pan from the heat whilst you add the cream cheese, combine well, then return to a gentle heat until the sauce is bubbling gently and heated through completely. As you will know, anycream products have a tendency to split or curdle if you add them to any high temperatures, so do not turn the heat up!!
3. Serve straight from the pan, or you can transfer to an oven dish and place in the oven (covered) to keep warm until you are ready to serve.
Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders.
Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place ground almonds, Parmesan, salt and pepper into a shallow dish, stirring to combine. (If you have whole almonds on hand like we did, you can grind them in a powerful blender. We used ourBlendtec.)
- Place coated chicken strips into hot saute pan. Cook each side for about 3 minutes, until cooked through and browned. Remove strips from skillet and let cool on a baking rack or paper towel lined plate. Serve warm with your favorite chicken strip dips. My boys enjoy ketchup, yogurt Ranch, mustard and honey.
Makes 8 Servings
This reminds me of a story my father in law told me of the funny incident at Universal Studios.
There was a stunt show about to start and rushed the family to hurry and run to get the best seats. Grabbing my mother in laws hand he ran while she struggled to run with him.
All of a sudden a Charlie Chaplin actor nearby sees this and runs up and sneaks his own hand while simultaneously releasing her hand. Very sneaky. He was a pro. My father in law never even noticed.
So, he’s running hard now dragging Charlie Chaplin. Charlie is playing the role walking like a duck while holding his hat. Unbeknownst to my father in law everyone is laughing it up including my husband and his brother.
When they finally get to the show, he turns around and startled like he saw a ghost. Charlie Chaplin also pretended to be startled. Everybody nearby is just busting a gut. The absolute funniest memory of my father in law.