Traditional enchiladas get a better-for-you upgrade in this no-roll, cheesy quinoa bake.
Source: Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake recipe – from Tablespoon!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (white or red)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce (from 19-oz can)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Crumbled cotija (white Mexican) cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) or 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, chili powder and 2 cups of the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn oven control to broil. Place baking dish about 5 inches from broiler; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro and cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms – Lovefoodies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 20 minutes
8 oz or 225 g whole white mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of Cream Cheese. (you can also use low fat variety)
1 teaspoon of fresh or dry herbs, such as tarragon, basil, parsley
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
1. Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil and add the mushrooms and garlic on medium heat. Stir and toss until soft and a little liquid is released from the mushrooms. If the mushrooms do not release any liquid, add a couple of tablespoons of milk or broth. (Sometimes, depending on the season, mushrooms can vary in juiciness!)
2. Then add the cream cheese and combine. Add the herbs and taste, season to your taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: To avoid the cream cheese from splitting, you should make sure the heat is not too hot, if you are not sure, remove the pan from the heat whilst you add the cream cheese, combine well, then return to a gentle heat until the sauce is bubbling gently and heated through completely. As you will know, anycream products have a tendency to split or curdle if you add them to any high temperatures, so do not turn the heat up!!
3. Serve straight from the pan, or you can transfer to an oven dish and place in the oven (covered) to keep warm until you are ready to serve.
Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders.
Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place ground almonds, Parmesan, salt and pepper into a shallow dish, stirring to combine. (If you have whole almonds on hand like we did, you can grind them in a powerful blender. We used ourBlendtec.)
- Place coated chicken strips into hot saute pan. Cook each side for about 3 minutes, until cooked through and browned. Remove strips from skillet and let cool on a baking rack or paper towel lined plate. Serve warm with your favorite chicken strip dips. My boys enjoy ketchup, yogurt Ranch, mustard and honey.
Makes 8 Servings
Quick and Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Ingredients: 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cooked 6 Corn… – http://pinterest.com/pin/A0rdRAAQAKQBPHKufYYAAAA/?s=3&m=wordpress
I garnish with cilantro, onion , mexican cheese, and avocado. By far one of the best and easiest Chicken Tortilla Soup I’ve ever made.