Follow this formula when you need homemade moist banana bread RIGHT NOW: mug + microwave + 1 ripe banana + 5 minutes = your banana bread quick fix.
Banana Bread in a Mug
Makes 1 Serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil or other oil
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whipped cream
- 1 Tablespoon toasted and chopped pecans
- Banana slices
- Powdered sugar
- In a large, microwave-safe coffee mug, mash your ripe banana. Add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract, oil, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (if using). Mix to combine.
- “Bake” it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. (You can stop and check for doneness at the 90-second or 2-minute mark.)
- The banana bread will be very hot, so allow it to cool for a few minutes before eating it.
- Top with whipped cream, pecans, and sliced banana, if desired.
Source: Banana Bread in a Mug Recipe & Video | TipHero